- Ethos Laboratorio de Políticas Públicas ranked as one of the best think tanks in Mexico on the 2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index.
- On the global level, Ethos stands out for its innovative policy ideas/proposals and status as an independent think tank.
- In the 2018 Index, Ethos ranked number one in Latin America in terms of the quality, independence, and integrity of its policy research, transparency and good governance, and the organization’s use of the Internet.
- The Index, published by the University of Pennsylvania, is used to evaluate and improve think tanks around the world.
Ethos Laboratorio de Políticas Públicas is one of the most relevant and innovative think tanks in Mexico and Latin America, according to the 2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index. The Index, published every year by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the University of Pennsylvania, assesses a broad spectrum of global think tanks and serves as a reference for the evaluation and continuous improvement of these organizations.
Ethos ranked number one in Latin America in the following categories: transparency and governance, reputation and public engagement, best use of the Internet, and quality and reputation. The organization also stands out in categories such as think tanks with the most innovative policy ideas/proposals, independent think tanks, and top think tanks with annual operating budgets of less than $5 million USD.
Within Mexico, Ethos ranked number one in categories such as the best use of social networks, think tanks to watch, transparency and good governance, and best external relations/public engagement programs. The organization also ranked highly in the categories of best advocacy campaign and think tanks with the most innovative policy ideas/proposals.
José Luis Chicoma, Executive Director of Ethos, shared that the results of this ranking are motivation to continue working hard to push for more responsible, efficient, transparent, and innovative governments in Mexico and Latin America.
The Global Go To Think Tank Index has been published for 13 years. Each year, it is simultaneously released in more than 125 cities across 75 countries. The results are gathered using an international survey featuring 28 criteria developed by the TTCSP. For the 2018 edition, a total of 12,800 academics, public and private donors, policy-makers, and journalists contributed their opinion regarding more than 8,100 think tanks around the world.
Think tanks are public policy research, analysis, and engagement organizations. They are organizations that generate policy-oriented research, analysis, and advice on domestic and international issues that enable policymakers and the public to make informed decisions about public policy issues.
In the 2018 Index, Ethos stands out in the following categories:
- Best Use of Social Networks – #1 in Mexico
- Best Use of Social Networks – #1 in Latin America
- Think Tanks with the Best External Relations/Public Engagement Programs – #1 in Latin America
- Think Tanks to Watch – #1 in Mexico
- Top Transparency and Good Governance – #1 in Latin America
- Best Independent Think Tank – #5 in Latin America
- Think Tanks with the Most Innovative Policy Ideas/Proposals – #2 in Latin America
- Top Think Tanks in the World – #7 in Latin America
- Best Advocacy Campaign – #2 in Latin America
- Top Think Tanks in Mexico – #5 in Mexico
- Top Think Tanks with Annual Operating Budgets of Less Than $5 Million USD – #8 in Latin America
- Think Tank with the Best Practices (Policies and Procedures) to Assure the Quality, Independence, and Integrity of its Policy Research – #1 in Latin America and #20 globally